1) What was I doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago I was camping with my somewhat-new boyfriend (now husband). We decided to take a road trip and drove up the coast (of California) to Oregon, then we cut across Oregon to Bend, then drove back to the Bay Area. Along the way we hit just about every conceivable brewery we could (that was back in the days of more home brewing on the part of good ole J-La).
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today? Today is my day off, so my To-Do list doesn't have quite the oomph as the lists on my work days. Things I hope I get to do today: 1. Sit in the sun and read 2. Make a mix cd for Keiran 3. Go to the market 4. Cook something yummy 5. Make my To-Do lists for the week
3) Snacks I enjoy: apples & peanut butter string cheese or Parrano and a handful of TJ's Mini Everything Crackers (the best!) fruit and yogurt or just fruit handful of nuts some sort of bar, usually part of a Pro-Bar, but I've recently discovered Organic Fiber Bars [This list is striking me as particularly boring, I think mainly due to the fact that if I need a snack it's likely that I'm pretty flipping hungry and need something Now, so no time for Cooking or Prepping. If it were to say "small meals I enjoy" this list would be entirely different. I'll think about that and save it for another post, but if you're lifting this meme from here and you'd like to do the small meals answer, I'd be interested.]
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Whoa. I don't really think about stuff like this, so this question stumped me for a sec. My first thought is that I'd buy land somewhere ... else. Not exactly sure where, but probably in the countryside in the south of France, near where I used to live. Like anyone, I'd want to invest the $$ so I could live off the interest and have enough to spare to give away. Although I can't imagine spending a billion dollars in my lifetime, so if it ended up that I had to give it away (or that in order to invest it thusly I'd have to support some things that I really don't want to support), that wouldn't be much of a problem. Off the cuff list of things I'd spend it on: solar panels for our house, a new kitchen (!) - which also means a new foundation and new roof and plumbing and... you get the idea, Habitat for Humanity, City Slickers and/or other urban farming initiatives, the SPCA, NAMI, MoveOn, and research to end our oil addiction.
5) Places I have lived: Middletown and Newport, RI; Los Angeles, Pasadena, South Pasadena, CA, Saint-Lys and Milhars, France; Boston, MA, Santa Cruz and Capitola, CA; Oakland and Berkeley, CA.
6) Jobs I have had/Places I've worked: Babysitter Wm Forrest Clothiers Il Fornaio (when it was just an Italian bakery) The Espresso Bar Nanny Caffe Pergolesi / Cafe Zinho Northwoods / Southern Exposure (catering and cafe) The Sash Mill The Bagelry Whole Foods Market Article Pract ...[I know I'm missing things from this list. Oh well.]
7) Bloggers I am tagging who I enjoy getting to know better: Meg, of course. And Logan, cause I don't think that a) I've seen a meme on RD&Cw/T, b) I've seen a post in a while....